By Ngozi Nwoke
Are you feeling like giving up on that assignment, business, career or relationship? The feeling to quit can be so strong and frustrating; it occupies your whole mind and affects your reasoning. And you think that if you throw in the towel, you will have peace. I can well assure you that quitting is not the solution. This article tells you how to overcome the force of giving up the good.
Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ – Philippians 1:6 (NKJV)
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force – Matthew 11:12 (NKJV)
Do you see a man diligent and skillful in his business? He will stand before kings; he will not stand before obscure men – Proverbs 22:29 (AMP)
Then the Lord answered me and said: “Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it – Habakkuk 2:2 (NKJV)
For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry – Habakkuk 2:3 (NKJV)
The feeling to give up most of the time comes when you are starting something newly or you are facing challenges. You need to understand that this is normal. The enemy will always test your faith, strength and courage.
The bible says that if you fail in the day of adversity your strength is small – Proverbs 24:10 God understood this and kept telling Joshua to be strong and courageous – Joshua 1:6-9. There are giants on the way to the Promised Land. You must see that you are well able to overcome the giants – Numbers 13:30.
How to overcome the force of giving up
1. Confirm the will of God concerning the issue This is the first step to take. What God has not sanctioned He will not back up. Seek God’s face and be sure you are running on your own lane. If it is of God, relax because you will succeed even if there is a delay. Remember, if God be for you who can be against you – Romans 8:31. But if you are doing the wrong thing, you need to make a U-turn. As a wise man said, no matter how long you have been on the wrong path, anytime you discover it, just make U-turn. If you continue then you have signed for unending challenges and frustration, no matter your efforts. When you are sure of God’s backing, the strength and courage to continue come alive. You will be able to face all oppositions and you won’t be swayed by other people’s opinions. But the zeal of the Lord upon you will do it. Now, there is an exception – if you are married, God can’t tell you to quit your marriage. It is till death do you part – Matthew 19:6, Malachi 2:14. That is why you must make sure of God’s will concerning the person before you walk down the aisle – 2 Corinthians 6:14. Courtship can be broken but not marriage.
2. The book of the Law must not depart from your mouth The word of God in your mouth is a great motivator. Life and death are in the power of the tongue – Proverbs 18:21. When you use it well you receive life and vice versa. Again God has given you a mouth and a wisdom which your enemies cannot resist – Luke 21:15. As you keep declaring God’s word, the force of giving up will give way to the force of the word. It builds up your faith and you will be assured that that assignment, career or business will surely work. God told Joshua not to allow the book of the law to depart from his mouth but he should meditate on it, then will he prosper and have good success – Joshua 1:8. I presume you want good success? Then you need to meditate on God’s word.
3. Take clear and calculated steps. Planning and planning and taking no steps can be very frustrating. What you never do remains undone. If you do little or nothing but expecting great success, then you must be fooling yourself. There is profit in labor – Proverbs 14:23 When you have put in your best then God will bless the work of your hands – Deuteronomy 28:12. When He sees no work He will bless nothing. And He will bless according to your works. Remember faith without works is dead – James 2:17. So ask yourself if you have put in your best. May be there are limitations hindering you from taking steps you would want to take, ask God to remove them.
4. You must apply the force of pursuit You need to pursue your vision. In Habakkuk 2:2, God expects you to run with your vision and not crawl. When you crawl you give room for discouragement.
5. Equip yourself with the relevant knowledge. People are destroyed for lack of knowledge – Hosea 4:6. When you don’t have enough knowledge about an issue, you will struggle with it and you won’t make wise decisions concerning it. Load yourself with information; find out how those who succeeded did it. Really there is nothing new under the sun – Ecclesiastes 1:9.
6. Diligence is required A man who is diligent in his business will stand before kings and not before obscure men – Proverbs 22:29. Diligence will take you places. It will surely take some efforts from your part, but it delivers handsome rewards. When you are diligent, your mind will be occupied with your work and you won’t have room for give up thoughts.
7. Encourage yourself Truly, some challenges may come and you will feel discouraged, but you need to encourage yourself in the Lord. King David faced a big challenge one time. His family and his men’s family were captured and his men wanted to stone him. He encouraged himself and then had a free mind to ask God for the way forward – 1 Samuel 30:6-8 .The word of God is the perfect instrument to use in encouraging yourself. Search out the relevant scriptures and meditate on them. I tell you, your spirit will be lifted up.
8. You take your success by force The enemy will not fold his hands and see you fly into success. He will certainly put obstacles on your way, so expect them. But you can take your success by force. You need to violently take your victory – Matthew 11:12. The enemy is not gentle at all so you must not be with him at all. Now, the word of God tells you what belongs to you and when you equip yourself with the knowledge, you can violently tell the enemy to take his hands of your inheritance. But if you don’t know, you will just be crying and pitying yourself. That will give room to the force of giving up.
9. Hold unto testimonies Testimonies are powerful tools for overcoming the idea to quit. When you remember how God solved a case like yours for someone else, your spirit will come alive. The thoughts to give up will disappear. This is because God is not partial, what He did for one He will do for another. Testimonies are prophesies and they must be fulfilled, even in your life. We overcome by the words of our testimonies – Revelation 12:11. Anytime you engage testimonies you engage God. King David understood this principle and he engaged it when he faced Goliath. He said God who delivered me from the hands of bears and lions will deliver you into my hands. And God did!
10.Engage the force of praise and thanksgiving. Make praise and thanksgiving a lifestyle and you will see God working for you. Thank Him for everything He does for you and you will see Him do more. Praise Him for who He is and you will see Him fight all your battles. Why is praise and thanksgiving so powerful? It is because praise is what God cannot give Himself and so anyone that does is dear to Him. He inhabits the praises of His people (Psalm 22:3) and He comes with all His blessings.
So praise God continually and you will have no reason to give up. In conclusion, no matter the feeling to give up, you can overcome it with the help of God.
Ngozi Nwoke Is a teacher and a counselor. A product and distributor of love. She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy God’s love and fellowship for more fulfilling life. Want more fulfilling life? subscribe for free email updates today. http://stepswithgod.com Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com CHRISTIAN WRITER